Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Venue

When I started the wedding venue search, I decided that a couple of factors had to be met in order for me to consider a place.

1.) There had to be room for an outdoor ceremony.
2.) The venue had to allow flexibility with regard to vendors, especially caterers.
3.) I didn't want a "wedding factory" venue. IMO, a WF is a place where multiple weddings are held in one day and they all virtually look the same.
4.) The venue had to be less than $1000 to rent, including chairs and tables.
5.) It would have to be centrally located to my family (in the Anderson, SC area) and A's family (in the Athens, GA area).

After much searching, I found a spectacular place...Table Rock State Park lodge! I think it will be an excellent place to hold our wedding, but it is not without its own challenges.

Positives: This beautiful 2 story log lodge has room for an indoor ceremony (in case of inclement weather), a separate reception area, tables and chairs included, and total flexibility with vendors! Plus, it overlooks the lake and Table Rock mountain! The Sunday rental price is only $856, too!

Negatives: You are not allowed into the lodge until 10 AM on the day of your event. So, no rehearsal and no setup until day of. Holy stress, Batman! Also, there are not too many vendors nearby (I did find someone to cater, but that's another post). There are very few places to hold a rehearsal dinner the night before unless you do it in Greenville or Easley (each about 30 miles away). One last thing...we have to do the cleanup.

But, in the end I decided it was worth it. The venue is beautiful, the price was right, it's a unique place to get married, it was in South Carolina and I wouldn't have to spend an arm and a leg to rent chairs at $3 each.

You can see another Table Rock wedding here. Also, check out the pictures below and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment