Thursday, March 11, 2010

Invitations

I'm working with the super awesome Lauren Minors, one of my sorority sisters and the proprietor of Asterisk Consulting, for the design of my invites and S-T-D's. You can be her fan on Facebook by clicking here. She's incorporating the apple theme into the invites and the proofs I've seen so far are lovely.

As for the paper, I have been through many debates. At first, I was taking inspiration from The Budget Savvy Bride's paper choices, which were metallic. I found some great deals on one of the sites she used, Envelope Mall, and ordered some samples. Turns out I'm not so keen on metallics after all. I've never been a glitter, shiny, princess-y girl so it just wasn't me. If it is you though, you CANNOT beat Envelope Mall's prices. Seriously.

So, after much searching and many (many) paper sample orders, I decided to go back to a site I hadn't visited in a while. Cards & Pockets has fantastic, pre-cut invitation assembly pieces in matte and metallic colors. They also have pocket, gate and zig-zag fold invites. With all the parts I'll need, I'm estimating my total bill to be $120. Can't beat it, can you?

3 comments:

  1. lern is super talented so I know the invites will be beautiful!!! KLJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this blog! you are fabulous! don't forget cost of stamps, 2 per invite you send out and then ones for the save the dates as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KLJ - yes she is! The proofs I've seen are outstanding!

    Kari - Thanks dear! I've factored in the cost of stamps. I'm going to save money by doing a postcard RSVP and S-T-D.

    ReplyDelete