Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Centerpieces

I'm cheap. Anyone who knows me knows this.

I've seen so many weddings with beautiful centerpieces made of lovely flowers. Flowers that, by the next day, will be totally and completely dead (or on their way to their death). I just can't see spending thousands of dollars on this. So, no flowers.

I can hear you all saying it now -- "Well, just use candles! They're cheap and easy". I wish. No candles allowed in the old, log lodge. Fire hazard, I suppose. On to something else. But, what will this something else be?

That's where I need help. I'm thinking of hosting an orchard trip as part of the rehearsal dinner. Since it will be fall, North Carolina mountains are only a few miles away and the pre-wedding day is a Saturday (when most people will be off from work), I think we should all take a day trip and pick some apples! We'll then put them in glass vases or in baskets to make the centerpieces. They'll be reusable too!

Here are some inspiration photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment