Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My First Inspiration Board


So...I was bored Friday and decided to create an inspiration board. For this one, I used royal blue as the main color with accents of silver, apple green and ivory.

When I was thinking of colors, I wanted something that would look good on everybody (unlike yellow, which makes me look like a corpse unless it's the shade of Big Bird). Since we're thinking about an outdoors October wedding, I wanted a color that would stand out in nature. So...it became royal blue. It was difficult finding royal blue weddings, particularly ones that did not incorporate yellow. I promise I don't hate yellow, I just want something that hasn't been done a lot, you know?

I also want to incorporate an owl theme into the wedding, hence the cake toppers. Why owls, you ask? Well, the FH and I really like them. They are beautiful creatures with an allure of mystery. Plus, I'm not all flowers and silver hearts with rhinestones...it's just not me. I'm more eclectic and offbeat and weird like that.

Here's the board. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! But this is a great idea! If you're interested, I have this great dress... hehe

    ReplyDelete