Friday, July 24, 2009

Intro to me

First, I will say that I solemnly promise not to talk in LOLCats voice ever but in instances where it is absolutely necessary.

Now, to the "about me" boring stuff.
I'm a southern girl...born and raised in South Carolina, moved to Georgia when I was 21 and never left. I work in Atlanta and live in the suburbs. Yes, the commute is hell. I work in state government, but I won't tell you which department (I do have to maintain some privacy).

I have a wonderful BF. We've been together for almost four years now and we're planning to do the engagement/wedding thing within the next year. Couple that with the boring months I had at work from about May to mid-June, and you get one girl who has done a lot of research on weddings. Through all of this research I have found the following things to be true about my wants/needs/desires.
  • A desire to circumvent some of the wasteful practices of the wedding industry. I think women tend to get so caught up in matching or outdoing their friends that they forget what they really want out of the day.
  • To be eco-friendly (as much as possible, anyway)
  • To support local markets
  • To reuse items instead of purchasing everything brand new
  • To plan this wedding at less than $10,000
  • To NEVER wear a sweetheart neckline. (Once again, nothing wrong with them, they're just not me).

No comments:

Post a Comment